JSS SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY UNIVERSITY
Standout from the crowd
JSS STU aims to create a futuristic global university with a learner-centric ecosystem and a focus on science and technology. The University is committed to deliver high quality educational opportunities for youth and transform not only its neighbourhood but offer courses to equip aspiring youth to meet the global needs of industry in every sector. The Mission is to establish one of the world’s best universities, which is broad-based, sustainable, value driven and research-intensive and integrates nation building.
INSTITUTION'S INNOVATION COUNCIL
A Core Committee Of JSSSTU
Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Govt. of India has established ‘MHRD’s Innovation Cell (MIC)’ to systematically foster the culture of Innovation amongst all Higher Education Institutions (HEIs). The primary mandate of MIC is to encourage, inspire and nurture young students by supporting them to work with new ideas while they are in formative years.
MIC has envisioned creation of ‘Institution’s Innovation Council (IICs)’ across selected HEIs. A network of these IICs will be established to promote innovation in the Institution through multitudinous modes leading to an innovation promotion eco-system in these campuses.
Major Focus of IIC
• To create a vibrant local innovation ecosystem
• Start-up/ entrepreneurship supporting Mechanism in HEIs
• Prepare institute for Atal Ranking of Institutions on Innovation Achievements Framework (ARRIA)
• Establish Function Ecosystem for Scouting Ideas and Pre-incubation of Ideas
• Develop better Cognitive Ability amongst Technology Students
Promote innovation in the Institution through multitudinous modes leading to an innovation promotion eco-system in the campus
• To conduct various innovation and entrepreneurship-related activities prescribed by Central MIC in time bounded fashion.
• Identify and reward innovations and share success stories.
• Organize periodic workshops/ seminars/ interactions with entrepreneurs, investors, professionals and create a mentor pool for student innovators.
• Network with peers and national entrepreneurship development organizations.
• Create an Institution’s Innovation portal to highlight innovative projects carried out by institution’s faculty and students.
• Organize Hackathons, idea competition, mini-challenges etc with the involvement of industries.